Please become a fan of our Facebook fan page for the latest updates at http://www.facebook.com/ocoutureshoes

Friday, February 19, 2010

A star is born. O'Couture that is...

I know this will sound like a cliché to you, but it REALLY did happen! IT ALL STARTED WITH A DREAM. Oh, and of course a job lost to the biggest recession since the great depression :) Well, I cannot say I was born to be an Electronics Engineer, anyways.

Now back to our story. It was mid August 2009.... scene blurred then a film noir style flashback.... A warm Orange County morning. Sitting at home. It has all come down to this. I do not have a job anymore. My heart tells me that just another job is not what I am looking for. Then it hits me: it is not the economy; it is the universe. Yes yes!!! This whole circumstance needs to be interpreted as a sign from the universe. Consequently, good old soul searching is in order.

Two weeks go by. Then EUREKA!

My charming hubby Cenk and I are in the car. I am thinking out loud. I tell my idea to him. He loves the idea. He says he supports it 100%. He also says there is nothing I cannot accomplish. Wow! I have instantly become "a lady who thinks she can launch." Oh, the sweet taste of entrepreneurship :) Taste it once and boy is it addicting!!!


Well, I know you all are wondering. What the heck are you launching? Well, ladies and gentleman hold tight. Drum roll... I am launching a women's fashion flats line with interchangeable embellishments. And then, as they say it, "the rest is history”.

Up next: O'Couture History 101

Thou shalt not fear. It will be fun.

I promise!




No comments:

Post a Comment